Thursday 12 November 2015

Bindi Irwin Reveals a Second Person Was Battling Illness on Dancing with the Stars


Tamar Braxton wasn't the only person battling illness on Monday's Dancing with the Stars.

Though he wasn't hospitalized like Braxton, conservationist Bindi Irwin says her dance pro partner Derek Hough has been coping with strep throat the entire week.

"He turned ghost-white," Irwin told PEOPLE of looking at her partner after last week's show. "All the color washed away from his face, and I could tell he wasn't well."

Hough, 30, admits he couldn't even drive himself home at the end of the night. The dancer relied on his father to get him there safely.

Keep up with your favorite celebs in the pages of PEOPLE Magazine by subscribing now.


"I've had two IVs this week with fluids and vitamins," Hough said after this week's show. "Any time I get sick, I pump myself with vitamins. I've been doing hot and cold saunas and antibiotics and lots of water."

Irwin, 17, and Hough received perfect 10s from the judges for their Viennese waltz on Monday, but Irwin says it wasn't easy getting performance-ready with her partner suffering.

"Honestly, every single day I wanted to say, 'Let's just lay down' because you could see the pain," she said. "I don't know how he walked into that rehearsal room every day. I just wanted to take all his pain from him. His strength, dedication and determination was mind-blowing. He's the greatest person to be around."

RELATED VIDEO: Does Dancing with the Stars' Season 16 Winner Kellie Pickler Think Julianne Hough Is Doing a Good Job as a Judge?

No comments:

Post a Comment